Adam Shoalts MEC

                   Adam Shoalts the Royal Canadian Geographical Society

To celebrate Canada’s 150th in 2017, Adam Shoalts is embarking on a 5 month journey alone across Canada’s Arctic, crossing 4000 kilometers on foot, by packraft, and canoe. He will start on the international border between Canada and Alaska and finish on the saltwater of Hudson Bay. The journey will take him over mountains, up rivers, across tundra, through subarctic forest, and down wild waterways in the heart of the world’s greatest wilderness. Help make this dream a reality by donating to the fundraising campaign. Even small amounts can help…and check back here for updates of his progress alone across the Arctic! Or on facebook where you can “like” the Adam Shoalts page to stay up-to-date.

Expedition Duration: May-September 2017.

Method of Travel: On Foot, Pack Raft, and Canoe

Distance: Circa 4,000 KM (including backtracking on portages)

Fundraising Goal: $25,000 (90 percent of which is toward air fare and transportation—The remaining 10 percent is for gear not covered by sponsors.)

2017 expedition

Special thanks to the all individual donors to this campaign through Go Fund Me and elsewhere. Without your generosity and support this expedition would not be possible!